NAEYC Accreditation - It's a big deal !!!
Our Farmington staff as they celebrate NAEYC-Accreditation
NAEYC Accreditation - The Right Choice for Kids
The following has been excerpted from NAEYC brochures, www.NAEYC.org and www.RightChoiceForKids.org
The National Association for the Education of Young Children is the world’s largest organization of early childhood professionals. For more than 20 years, families have relied on NAEYC Accreditation to ensure the quality of education and care provided by programs for young children. NAEYC has defined 10 standards for early childhood programs that help families make the right choice when they are looking for a child care center. These standards, (and more than 400 related criteria), are based on research on the development and education of young children and were created with input from thousands of experts and educators from around the country.
NAEYC-Accredited programs must:
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all area of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical and social
- Use developmentally, culturally and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches
- Provide ongoing assessments of each child’s learning and development and communicate the child’s progress to the family
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from illness and injury
- Employ and support a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development and to support families’ diverse interests and needs
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family
- Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support achievement of program goals
- Provide a safe and healthy learning environment
- Implement strong personnel, fiscal and program management policies so that all children, families and staff have high quality experiences