Accreditation and Curriculum
The National Association for the Education of Young Children is the world’s largest organization of early childhood professionals. For more than 20 years, families have relied on NAEYC Accreditation to ensure the quality of education and care provided by programs for young children. NAEYC has defined 10 standards for early childhood programs that help families make the right choice when they are looking for a child care center. These standards, (and more than 400 related criteria), are based on research on the development and education of young children and were created with input from thousands of experts and educators from around the country.
NAEYC-Accredited programs must:
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each
child’s sense of individual worth
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all area of child development: cognitive,
emotional, language, physical and social
- Use developmentally, culturally and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches
- Provide ongoing assessments of each child’s learning and development and
communicate the child’s progress to the family
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from illness and injury
- Employ and support a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development and to support families’ diverse interests and needs
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family
- Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support
achievement of program goals
- Provide a safe and healthy learning environment
- Implement strong personnel, fiscal and program management policies so that all
children, families and staff have high quality experiences
NAEYC-Accreditation is the hallmark of a quality institution. Educational Playcare’s child care centers have obtained and consistently maintained NAEYC-Accreditation. Following accreditation, all programs are subject to random, unannounced visits by assessors to ensure that the programs continue to meet these standards.
We highly value NAEYC accreditation. To see which of our schools are accredited, please visit NAEYC Accredited Program Search.
Any concern about a child care center we had has become a distant memory thanks to EPC.
My daughter loves go to EPC every day! It’s a great feeling knowing that she is being taken care of.
EPC is an amazing child care center! The teachers and directors are so compassionate and truly care.
At EPC, our son is free to explore his interests in a supportive, open and beautiful space.