Spring means warmer weather, but it also means more rainy days in the forecast. Don’t let having to stay indoors keep you from having fun! At Educational Playcare, we ensure our students have fun rain or shine, which is why “Fun” is one of our Core Values.
Below are 10 great family-friendly activities you can do when the rain just won’t go away!
- Children love to use their imagination, so why not spend the day enjoying fun process-driven art projects. Families can even display everyone’s projects in one place in the house and host an art show.
- Have a dance party. Put on everyone’s favorite song and let out some energy. You might even want to create your own dance routine.
- Build and create with STEAM-inspired activities. At Educational Playcare, we understand that it is never too early to introduce STEAM learning to children, which is why we encourage STEAM activities in our learning centers. Rainy days are the perfect time to explore and discover new skills through STEAM activities.
- Visit an indoor play gym for children. Indoor play gyms are great for children who love to be outside. Most indoor play gyms are equipped with slides, dramatic play areas, and sports areas.
- Make your own instruments. Use everyday items around the house to create your own instruments and create your own song or put on a show.
- Visit a museum. Explore your town or a city close by and visit a museum that you’ve never been to. Use the time to encourage your child’s passion by visiting a place that highlights something they like, or use the time to experience new opportunities to explore possible new passions.
- Have an indoor scavenger hunt. Create a list of items throughout the house and go on a scavenger hunt. Whoever finds the most items from the list gets to pick the next fun activity for the family to do!
- Play dress up. Dramatic play is a great rainy-day activity that allows families to really use their imagination. Create your own costumes and act out a favorite book or movie, or come up with your own play.
- Visit a library or host a “Book Fair”. Spend the day finding new books for your children to enjoy. If you don’t have time to make it to the library, dig up their books – especially those they haven’t read in a while – and set up a “book fair” for them to attend.
- Play in the rain. If the weather isn’t too bad or dangerous, head outside and splash around in the puddles!
What are some of your family’s favorite activities to do during a rainy day?