Educational Playcare was awarded the 2018 Top Workplaces honor by The Hartford Courant, making this the third consecutive year we have received this award. The Top Workplaces list is based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey administered by Workplace Dynamics, LLC, a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement. Several aspects of our workplace culture were measured, including the alignment of our company and employee goals, our work execution, and our employee connections, just to name a few.
“We can’t think of a single accomplishment or award that means more to us than this. Early childhood teachers are the most under-appreciated teachers in the country and it is our privilege to provide them with an exceptional work environment. We thank all of them for honoring us with this award.” says owners, Jane Porterfield & Gerald Pastor.
Educational Playcare was established in 1986 to provide full and part-time educational childcare programs and summer camp for children from 6 weeks to 12 years old. We are proud of our reputation as the provider of the highest-quality childcare, nursery school, and preschool programs for children that can be found anywhere. We have maintained our high standards with the quality control that comes from being small and owner operated.
Educational Playcare takes pride in being the best early childhood program in the area and we only hire the best staff for our centers. The people we hire have a genuine love for young children and a commitment to high quality education. We are always looking to add talented, energetic, positive, honest, and fun people to our team. Our goal is to provide the highest quality programs for children possible. We also work towards providing the highest quality work environment for our teachers and we provide them with all the resources they need to be successful.
So why is Educational Playcare a “Top Workplace”?
- Educational Playcare is more than a company; it’s a culture! Since we only hire the best, your children are only being cared for by the best!
- Our teachers work in bright, spacious, and beautiful learning environments.
- All of our teachers are professional child care providers – not babysitters. As such, they all have certifications in Early Childhood Education.
- We maintain a highly supportive work environment. We value our teachers, administrators and employees as highly as we value our students and their families.
- We support our teachers’ long-term career goals by offering the opportunity for tuition reimbursement for courses in Early Childhood Education.
- Our teachers are provided with free enrollment in our Employee Assistance Program, which provides for free or discounted legal and financial advice, counseling, and more.
- All of our teachers benefit from vacation, sick time and holiday pay, paid trainings and child care discounts.
- Our full-time teachers enjoy benefits that include health insurance, dental insurance, and life insurance.
- Educational Playcare even offers a matching 401K program.
- Our teachers have the prestigious position of working for the company that provides the highest quality of care for children and their families that can be found anywhere!
To learn more about a career at Educational Playcare, or to request more information about our childcare programs, visit our website.