Educational Playcare was established in 1986 to provide full and part-time educational childcare programs and summer camp for children from 6 weeks to 12 years old. We are proud of our reputation as the provider of the highest-quality childcare, nursery school, and preschool programs for children that can be found anywhere. We have maintained our high standards with the quality control that comes from being small and owner operated.
“Our mission is to provide our employees with the highest quality workplace environment possible. We seek to provide our employees with equipment, materials and training to be among the finest providers of care to young children. Finally, we seek to provide each one with the opportunities to achieve their career goals in the field of childcare”, says Founder and Owner, Jane Porterfield.
Educational Playcare was awarded the 2016 Top Workplaces honor by The Hartford Courant. The Top Workplaces list is based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey administered by Workplace Dynamics, LLC, a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement. Several aspects of our workplace culture were measured, including the alignment of our company and employee goals, our work execution, and our employee connections, just to name a few.
“We are extremely proud to have gained this honor. It has been a huge focus for all of us for quite some time now. It will continue to be, as we hope to continue to merit this honor in future years as well”, says Owner, Gerald Pastor.
Educational Playcare takes pride in being the best early childhood program in the area and we only hire the best staff for our centers.
The people we hire have a genuine love for young children and a commitment to high quality education. We are always looking to add talented, energetic, positive, honest, and fun people to our team.
Our goal is to provide the highest quality programs for children possible. We also work towards providing the highest quality work environment for our teachers and we provide them with all of the resources they need to be successful.
The Top 10 Reasons Why Educational Playcare is a Top Workplace
- Educational Playcare is more than a company; it’s a culture! Since we only hire the best, your children are only being cared for by the best!
- Our teachers work in bright, spacious, and beautiful learning environments.
- All of our teachers are professional child care providers – not babysitters. As such, they all have certifications in Early Childhood Education.
- We maintain a highly supportive work environment. We value our teachers, administrators and employees as highly as we value our students and their families.
- We support our teachers’ long term career goals by offering the opportunity for tuition reimbursement for courses in Early Childhood Education.
- Our teachers are provided with free enrollment in our Employee Assistance Program, which provides for free or discounted legal and financial advice, counseling, and more.
- All of our teachers benefit from vacation, sick time and holiday pay, paid trainings and child care discounts.
- Our full-time teachers enjoy benefits that include health insurance, dental insurance, and life insurance.
- Educational Playcare even offers a matching 401K program.
- Our teachers have the prestigious position of working for the company that provides the highest quality of care for children and their families that can be found anywhere!