Fall has officially arrived, and now that the new school year and extra-curricular activities are in full swing, it’s likely that your family’s schedule is bursting at the seams. Despite your family’s busy agenda, be sure to take some time to enjoy the fall season as a family. At Educational Playcare, we encourage our families to have fun together which is why Fun is one of our Core Values.
Here are nine family-friendly activities to enjoy this season!
- Visit an apple orchard: Not only will this activity provide hours of fun for your family, you can go home and make delicious dishes with all the apples you picked.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt: During the fall there is plenty to see, feel, and smell. Make a list of these things to check off as you take your family on a nature scavenger hunt and enjoy the beauty of the fall season.
- Go pumpkin picking: Visit a local pumpkin patch to choose your pumpkins. Typically, there will also be fun activities for families including face painting and hay rides. Afterwards, you can go home and decorate your pumpkins.
- Build your own scarecrow: This can be a fun activity for not only your family, but your whole neighborhood. Get your whole block involved by organizing a scarecrow contest.
- Go Camping: With the weather cooling down, it is a nice time of year to go camping and enjoy nature. If going out into the woods isn’t right for your family, pitch a tent and go camping right in your own backyard.
- Bake seasonal treats: There are so many different fall-inspired dishes that your family can create during this season. Make a family favorite or find some new recipes and make a delicious dish together. Families with younger children can identify age-appropriate tasks for them such as pouring or mixing ingredients.
- Take a family walk or bike ride: Before we know it, winter will be here and with it, the cold, snowy weather. While you still can, get outside and enjoy some physical activity together as a family.
- Create fall-themed masterpieces: You might be surprised by how many fall-themed craft ideas you can create together. Between decorating your pumpkins, stamping with apples, or painting using corn on the cobb, your family is sure to create artwork worth displaying. For fall themed-craft ideas, follow us on Pinterest!
- Go to a fair or carnival: This time of year, there are plenty of fairs and carnivals happening throughout the state and nearby. Go to your favorite one or visit a new location and enjoy the food, rides, and laughs.
What is your family’s favorite fall activity?