Life itself is an unpredictable ride – but when you add children and their schedules to the mix, it becomes even crazier. It’s no wonder then that as parents we sometimes feel that there is never enough time in the day to get everything done. While it’s impossible to completely avoid chaos, with a few tips like the ones below, you can begin to make the most of your time.
- Pay close attention to how you are spending your time. Most of us spend too much time trying to get things done immediately that can either wait or really don’t need to be done at all.
- The key to getting and staying organized is all about setting priorities and keeping them. Schedule time to complete the more important tasks first and let the rest carry over until you have more time.
- Every parent has to master the art of multitasking. Use downtime like naps, doctor appointments or while the kids are at school to get jobs done that are difficult to focus on when caring for your children.
- Be prepared, especially if you have an infant. Here’s a good tip: keep a packed diaper bag in the car at all times to avoid having to carry extra baggage when you leave home.
- Stay organized. Baskets are a great way to store toys, video games and books in your children’s playroom or bedrooms.
- Prepare for meals ahead of time. When you’re making dinner, double or triple the recipe and freeze the extras for future meals. You’d be surprised just how much time this alone will save you!
These are just a few tips that can help parent’s to lead less chaotic lives, and spend more time on the really important things like spending time with our kids!