You want to make sure you choose the right program for your child, but figuring out which programs offer the quality you seek can be confusing. NAEYC can help parents make the right choice on a child care, preschool, or kindergarten program. For more than 20 years, families have relied on NAEYC Accreditation to ensure the quality of education and care provided in programs for young children.
NAEYC Accreditation helps parents find the best possible early childhood experience for their children.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children(NAEYC) is the largest nonprofit association in the United States representing early childhood education. They have established an accreditation system that sets professional standards for high quality programs for young children.
NAEYC has established ten standards of excellence for early childhood education that involve children, teachers, family and community partners, and program administration. Programs that meet these standards are recognized for providing a safe and healthy environment for children, and having teachers that are well trained, have access to excellent teaching materials, and work with a curriculum that is appropriately challenging and developmentally sound for young children.
NAEYC accredited childcare centers:
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development
- Provide ongoing assessment of each child’s learning and development and communicate the child’s progress to the family
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect them from injury and illness
- Employ and support a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications and professional commitment to promote children’s learning and development
- Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support achievement of program goals
- Provide a safe and healthy learning environment
- Implement strong personnel, fiscal, and program management policies so all children and families have high-quality experiences.
NAEYC accredited childcare programs enrich the childcare experience for children and their families. An accredited center is one that is recognized as providing exceptional care and a variety of educational, developmental, and personal services that ease the burden of working parents.
Early childhood education programs are proud to be accredited by NAEYC because they know they have worked hard for that achievement. Using NAEYC tools and materials, they are continuously improving their programs to provide the best possible educational opportunities for children.
We highly value NAEYC accreditation. To see which of our schools are accredited, please visit NAEYC Accredited Program Search.