Statement on COVID-19
To all our families,
We will continue to communicate any updates to the actions we are taking regarding COVID-19. While Educational Playcare does not have any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our child care centers, I do have new information to share with you.
As you know, Educational Playcare works closely with the Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Office of Early Childhood (OEC). The DPH provides guidance and advice for families and staff who have returned from traveling to one of the countries that have experienced confirmed cases of coronavirus. The DPH guidance for those individuals is a voluntary 14-day home quarantine. In addition, the DPH also provides information regarding the monitoring of symptoms. If no symptoms arise, the child or staff member is cleared to return to centers/schools at the end of the 14-day quarantine period. Siblings or family members who did not travel but share a living space are clear to attend centers unless they or the quarantined individual exhibit any symptoms. The DPH guidance evolves regularly as does the list of impacted nations. It is important for families to inform the Center Directors at Educational Playcare if they have traveled to impacted countries.
I again want to remind our parents/guardians that Educational Playcare has infectious disease protocols in place and we have been taking steps, such as cleaning and disinfecting throughout our centers, to minimize the spread of viruses and a variety of other illnesses. Below is another reminder of the steps that families, children, staff, and community members can take to minimize the spread of all respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, according to the Department of Public Health:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Heavily soiled hands should be washed.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For up-to-date information from the CDC, please follow this link.
In addition, Educational Playcare will move to these enhanced procedures effective today:
1. Body temperature checks of all children, staff, parents ,and others entering the center.
2. Parents are to drop their child off at the door of their classroom, rather than entering the classroom themselves.
3. No visitors will be allowed to enter the center except as necessary.
4. We will employ enhanced cleaning procedures. All touch points will be sanitized every 30 minutes during pick up and drop off hours, and every 60 minutes otherwise.
5. We are temporarily suspending family-style dining. Staff will serve food to children with gloves.
As always, the health and safety of our children and staff is our highest priority, and we will remain vigilant in our efforts to help prevent the spread of illness.
Chief Operating Officer